Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:00601] Re: No `min' method?!?"
    on 99/08/10, clemens.hintze / alcatel.de <clemens.hintze / alcatel.de> writes:

|Oh no :-))))) I have used `rbc' to test something. There I have defined
|a `method' on the prompt. Some minutes THEREAFTER I have tried the
|tests above and find, that I could use `max' but not `min'!

`rbc' may be replaced by `irb'.  You can handle these better with it.

|I think now, because I have defined it on the prompt, it become a method
|of module `Kernel', right? And then it was also available to `Numeric'
|right?

Within `rbc', a method defined on the prompt become a method of the
class Object with PUBLIC attribute.  Within normal toplevel and irb it
should be defined with PRIVATE attribute.

                                                        matz.