Hi,

In message "Re: change in lookup of constants on 1.6.8?"
    on 02/12/28, Paul Brannan <pbrannan / atdesk.com> writes:

|> I wanted to make constant scope more static.  It's for readability and
|> for future optimization.  There's no way to switch constant scope.
|
|I can see how this would help in optimization.  How does it add
|readability?

if constant scope resolved in the compile time, constant access can be
direct slot access, which can be much faster than chained hash
access.  Besides, you will know the role of constant identifiers
without dynamic information.

|How big a performance boost do you expect this change (plus future
|optimizations) to give?

Currently none; not much in the future.

							matz.