Hi,

In message "Re: Range#size"
    on 02/12/31, Gennady Bystritsky <bystr / mac.com> writes:

|So why not to have Range#size simply returning a number of iterations
|that Range#each would undergo, whatever algorithm is involved? However
|as I understand from the initial question and Matz's reply, Range#size
|is gone completely in 1.7.

It is removed that Enumerable#size, where enumerables may not be
iterated more than once (e.g. file streams).

Besides, since ranges are used both for interval and true range,
preferred definition of "size" varies person to person (or occasion to
occasion).  How many floats in the range of 0.0 .. 1.0?

							matz.