Daniel Carrera wrote:

>>There is no "fox.rb" file since it's a compiled extension module and not
>>a pure Ruby library. The file name you're looking for is "fox.so" and
>>should be in (I guess):
>>
>>     /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/i686-linux
>

> Alright, "fox.so" is where it should be.  Any ideas why Ruby can't find
> it?
>
> Ruby has no trouble finding the libraries in /usr/lib/ruby/1.6, doesn't
> that mean that it should also see the ones in /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6?
>
> Is there a RUBY_LIBRARY_PATH variable that I'm supposed to set or
> something?

Probably not, but let's see what you get when you type:

	ruby -e "puts $LOAD_PATH"

For example, on my box it reports:

	/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6
	/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/i686-linux
	/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby
	/usr/lib/ruby/1.6
	/usr/lib/ruby/1.6/i686-linux
	.

Now, on the slim chance that your Ruby installation is configured for
some other target (say, i386-linux) that might be the problem. In that
case you can set the RUBYLIB environment variable so that it Ruby's load
path will include the path that your RPM installed to, e.g.

	export RUBYLIB="/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/i686-linux"

and then try again.

Lyle