Ot wrote:

> Thanks for the the excellent instructions on how to build Fox, fxscintilla and
> fxruby. I think this would be very useful in the FXRuby home page.

They are found in the documentation:

	http://www.fxruby.org/doc/build.html

Of course, I have long ago learned that no one reads the documentation ;)

> I'm new to Linux, Fox and Ruby, so please excuse the obvious questions.
>
> I'm trying to build Fox as per instructions on Mandrake 9.0. At the end of the
> make I get the following error:
>
> In file included from reswrap.cpp:24;
> ./include/xincs.h:178:20:GL/glu.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [reswrap.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory etc...
>
> My Mandrake installation is bog standard and KDE and GNOME both work. Is there
> something else that I need to install? Where does Open GL come into this?

You are missing the OpenGL header files. I believe that for Mandrake
Linux these come from the XFree86-devel package (but maybe someone else
can confirm).