I have no reason to believe that you need anything special to make your
website.  Specially in terms of Ruby packages.  Ruby comes with cgi by
default.  I don't know about database access, but it probably does too.

I would *not* suggest eRuby since it's your first project, leave it for
the second.

I don't know any HTML editor for Windows, so I can't recommend.  They are
not *necessary* but some are certainly very nice.

It'd help to know what you intend to do on the website.

Cheers,
Daniel Carrera
Graduate Teaching Assistant.  Math Dept.
University of Maryland.  (301) 405-5137