Lyle Johnson (lyle / users.sourceforge.net) wrote:

Hi I'm new to Ruby (my 1st post :-) as well as to GUIs, but I'd like to install
FreeRIDE and try some GUI toolkit(s).

> Start by getting a working FOX installation before moving on to
> FXScintilla (which would be step 2) or FXRuby (step 3). For most
> *recent* Linux distributions this usually just involves:

<snip>

> and then running some of the test programs (in the fox-1.0.29/tests
> subdirectory) to make sure things are working. Do not proceed past this
> step until you're satisfied that things are OK.

I installed FOX (1.0.29) and tried all test programs - everything is OK.

> Once that's working, move on to the FXScintilla build. Again, if you
> have a good FOX installation this should just involve the usual:
>
> 	tar xzf fxscintilla-1.49.tar.gz
> 	cd fxscintilla-1.49
> 	./configure
> 	make
> 	make install

The problem is with FXScintilla (1.49.1).

Configure script exits with the following:

<snip>
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking fox/fx.h usability... yes
checking fox/fx.h presence... yes
checking for fox/fx.h... yes
checking for FOX library... yes
checking FOX version 1.0.x... no
checking FOX version 1.1.x... no
configure: error: Incompatible FOX version

> Hope this helps,

Any idea?

Sincerely,
Gour