1. Reserve "what's new" for genuinely new packages.  Introduce a
"what's updated" section for updated packages.  I believe brand new
contributions should stay on the radar a bit longer.

2. Identify the author of packages in the summary section(s) mentioned
above.

3. In the "Categories" section, list categories vertically rather than
horizontally.  Format it like a table with the following columns:
Category Name, Description, # Subcategories, # Projects.

Just my 2c, with a nod to the guys who have worked on it to get it
this far.

Cheers,
Gavin