Lyle Johnson wrote:
> Klaus Fabritius wrote:

>> - Instead of a toolbar there is only "PNGPNGPNGPNG". Literally.
>
> This indicates that your FOX library was built without support for PNG
> images.
[...]
> If you're pretty sure that this isn't the problem (i.e. you *know* that
> the png.h header file is already present but perhaps in some
> non-standard location) please see the FOX installation instructions
> about how to specify non-standard locations for stuff like that.

png.h is installed in /usr/local. The configure script seems to be
broken, because it does not find png.h regardless of it's location. I do
not understand enough of it's  syntax, so I just hacked it to return
always "-DHAVE_PNG_H" and "-lpng", symlinked the png stuff to /usr/X11R6
(png.h, pngconf.h and libpng.so) and "make" run without errors. Next I
removed the symlinks, and restarted FreeRIDE: It has icons in the
toolbar (and an always empty source window ;-).

> Hope this helps,

Yes, thank you.

  -kfk

--