--TybLhxa8M7aNoW+V

Dave Thomas (dave / pragprog.com) wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 19:52, Wai-Sun Chia wrote:
>=20
> > > The templating code is based on the one in RDoc. In this particular
> > > application, I use the same templating code to do web pages, XML,
> > > e-mail, and LaTeX.
> > >=20
> > > I could post it separately somewhere if folks want.
> >=20
> > YES! Please.
>=20
> OK - unsupported and all the usual caveats...
>=20
>    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/rdoc/Template.rb?download

I was looking around for a decent template system, and RDoc's fit the
bill for me, almost.  I had some perfectly good objects lying around
with perfectly good methods on them, and didn't want to go through the
extra (tedious) step of converting them all to Hash/Array combinations,
so I did this to (a prior version of) RDoc's template system:

http://segment7.net/ruby-code/template/template.rb
(more/better description there)

and tests:

http://segment7.net/ruby-code/template/TC_template.rb

NOTES:
My version is faster, mainly because I don't use an Array to build=20
up a temporary object, but you can't write onto anything but a string.
I haven't bothered to attempt to fix this yet (it hasn't been a
problem for me).

My version has slightly different syntax for iteration (FOREACH/ENDEACH),
due to the addition of WITH/ENDWITH.

--=20
All messages signed with fingerprint:
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--TybLhxa8M7aNoW+V

--TybLhxa8M7aNoW+V--