On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 17:32, Shashank Date wrote:

> "Dave Thomas" <dave / thomases.com> wrote in message
> > This might not appeal unless you have some TeX experience, but I've had
> > a lot of luck generating fairly complex financial forms (multi-page
> > invoices, statements, and so on) using Ruby.
>
> Is this code available anywhere for public consumption ?

The templating code is based on the one in RDoc. In this particular
application, I use the same templating code to do web pages, XML,
e-mail, and LaTeX.

I could post it separately somewhere if folks want.

> Is conversion from LaTeX to PDF fairly easy and multi-platform ?

I use pdflatex under Linux -- I've never tried it under Windows, but I
suspect there's something similar. In my experience, pdflatex produces
better output than using straight LaTeX and then converting the dvi or
postscript to PDFs.

Cheers

Dave