----- Original Message -----
freeride/plugins/rubyide_fox_gui/fxscintilla/global_properties.rb

I just did a global replace of 'courier' with 'lucida console' and it
seems to work fine.

There's some stuff for colouring in there as well, but changing the
values didn't seem to have any effect???
----------------------------

Some of the values are not used, and some are over-ridden in
ruby_properties.rb, which is in the same location.

(If you are familiar with SciTE, these are like ruby.properties and
SciTEGlobal.properties, just rubified.)

I had no trouble with this, and changing the values worked just like they do
in SciTE.  However, every time you download FreeRIDE, your changes will be
over-ridden.  My question wasn't how to make the changes, but how to make
them permanent.

Since the Ruby properties overwrite the global properties, perhaps we can
make personal properties to overwrite them all?  I don't know if this is a
FreeRIDE change or a Scintilla change, though.

In any case, I think we eventually want some sort of preferences mechanism
which is for more than just the scintilla properties, serving a similar
purpose to what the .emacs file does... .freeride, anyone?  :)  Perhaps
plugins could "check there" for preferences.  It seems that something like
this could not be implemented as a plugin, though, because it relates to how
plugins are loaded.

Thoughts?

Chris