"Shannon Fang" <xrfang / hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<F44mQ1WE9ql2RkeS8Yk00000d50 / hotmail.com>...
> I belive the IE com control can do exactly what you want... for example
> consider netcaptor.

Yes, but the IE com control must be embedded in the GUI toolkit via a
widget wrapper. I tried to do this with FOX and gave up because all
the timer, focus and key handling is completely incompatible with the
FOX layer. Perhaps someone can convince Jeroen that FOX needs to be
changed.

I only know about wxwindows who has a IE com control as part of its
own widget model.

--
Lothar Scholz, CEO Scriptolutions
www.ruby-ide.com     IDE's for Ruby, Python, Perl and PHP