"Fabio Mascarenhas" <mascarenhas / elitenet.com.br> writes:

> I am starting with Ruby and picked up the syntax just fine, it's very easy
> and great OO support! Now it just needs a killer environment! (yes, I know
> unix folks don't much like environments :-) ). But anyway, I'm founding it
> difficult to get examples about Ruby's class library, specially w.r.t. CGI
> programming with sessions (the cgi.rb is kind of self-explanatory, but I
> didn't get the session support). Can any of you point me to web resources
> about CGI programming in Ruby? I know it's in the new book, but I am a poor
> student and don't have the $60 or so to shell out (I'm not on US so shipping
> is very expensive!).

OK, I'm a sucker for a starving student story (perhaps because I'm a
starving writer myself), so I'm converted a portion of chapter 14
into HTML and stuck it up on the web. I couldn't do the CGI class
reference (there's just too much formatting weirdness to make it
feasible), but you'll find a brief section of CGI::Session and some
real-world code examples.

For now, it's at

   http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/articles/cgi.html

I'll get it put on rubycentral sometime next week.

Hope this helps.

Dave