<nathaniel / NOSPAMtalbott.ws> writes:

> What with all the holiday cheer going around (who can't be cheerful
> with a preview of 1.8 by Christmas?!?) I had to make my own little
> contribution to the glee...

Thumbs up.  I ran the gamut of my existing tests with no problem.
They make use of the RubyUnit compatibility layer, which I guess
isolates me from setup -vs- set_up issues, etc (wasn't there a HUGE
thread on the relative merits of each name?  :-) ).

Running with RubyUnit natively runs roughly 2.5 times faster than with
Test::Unit's RubyUnit compatibility layer.  20 -vs- 54 seconds under
ruby CVS.  Is this a known issue?  Do you think this is the
compatibility layer being inefficient, or is Test::Unit just slower?

It bothers me only slightly to know that most of the time I spend
waiting for Test::Unit to finish is time spent in Test::Unit and not
my tests.  Optimization can come later.