Hello

I am new to ruby, but I think it's excellent language - no doubt the
best one (cleanest, fastest to write in etc.) I ever used :)

I'm trying to write a NNTP client and I encountered some problems with
sockets. I have to read server response from socket. The response is
multiline and ends with ".\r\n". Is there any way to get whole response
at once? At the moment I use gets and read the response line by line,
which is horribly inefficient. In C program I used ioctl FIONREAD call
to read number of available bytes and then fetched them with read, but
can't get this call working in ruby - always get "Bad address
(Errno::EFAULT" error. And if I use recv with arbitrary number (eg.
10000) it hangs forever.

Thanks for any help.

--
Marek Janukowicz