christopher.j.meisenzahl / citicorp.com wrote:

>I can't speak for others, but I would be interested in such a thing. But not
>for having a true native machine code executable. But rather for ease of
>distribution. ...
>Christopher J. Meisenzahl CPS, CSTE
>Senior Software Testing Consultant
>Spherion
>christopher.j.meisenzahl / citicorp.com

I agree completely.  It's probably a tad difficult, but the lack of such
a facility causes me to keep looking at Python, and it's a serious
component of why I'm doing my current project in Java at work.

Truthfully, one of the things that I look at about Python is Pyrex, a
compiler for easily blending C and Python.  I have no idea how well it
works, but the concept is so intriguing!  (But I'd still need to be able
to distribute the final package.)