Mark Probert wrote:

> Hi, Dan.
>
> At 05:59 AM 12/17/2002 +0900, Dan wrote:
>
>> Ruby execution could, with the appropriate amount of concentrated
>> programmer talent thrown at it, see speedups of an order of magnitude,
>> perhaps two in some cases. This is a *very* non-trivial thing to do,

Well, I've managed to get 80%-200% speedup by just simply running my
code via profile and rbprof and see which are the "hot" methods.

After which I just simply rewrite them in 'C' using Ruby's excellent API.

You don't need to have "concentrated programmer talent" to achieve this ;-)

--
Wai-Sun "Squidster" Chia
Consulting & Integration