Sorry for the OT post, but I need some advise from some like-minded
folks who appreciate the finer gems in life ;-)

I'm planning to study a functional language in the comming year (new
year's resolution, as I have zero experience/knowledge on functional
languages) and have narrowed it down to either Ocaml and Haskell. It'd
be great if any of you could share your experiences with either one or
both of them.

Areas I'm interested in:
- databases access (Mysql, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- network access (sockets, HTTP, SMTP, etc.)
- operating system access (shared mem, etc.)
- GUI widgets access (Qt, Gtk+, Fox, etc.)
- web access (Apache module?)
- object-orientedness

TIA.

--