Fellow Ruby Miners,
It has been slightly more than a year since I've embarked on my
wonderful journey to Rubyland, and I've been loving every second of it.
Ruby brings back the fun into the once dreary life of programming just
like Linux brings back the fun to using the computer.

Having done 3 commercial (paid-for) projects (albeit small) in pure Ruby
gives me the notion that Ruby can make it in the commercial development
world. Just to give a small beacon of hope to those who is (or planning
to) push for the use of Ruby in your respective projects, GO FOR IT!!
You be glad you did.. ;-)

My advise is to start small. Use Ruby on small sub-projects first; my
first one was a web-based custom report for a complex telco fraud
management system. After 3 months part-time, not only did I achieved my
goals but my little web-based custom reports, turned out to be a real
decent decision support system, with a little bit of data-mining
features to boot!! Boy, was the customer impressed.. ;-)

A final word of thanks to all the Ruby hackers and gurus all round the
world who has made this possible.

Of course to Matz: Domo Arigato Gozaimasu!

p.s. I get a kick when people ask me "what the heck is a ruby miner?"
refering to my sig.. ;-)

--
Wai-Sun "Squidster" Chia
Consulting & Integration