In article <1040027420.953407.30050.nullmailer / picachu.netlab.jp>,
Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> In message "Re: Ruby BUG when using PStore and fork"
>     on 02/12/16, Jeremy Henty <jeremy / chaos.org.uk> writes:
>
>| ... why is there a problem with "fork do throw :foo end"?  Is it
>|because fork assumes that the flow of control in any supplied block
>|must terminate normally at the end of block rather than jumping out
>|in the middle?
>
> So do you recommend any better message?

Off the top of my head, something like "fork: supplied block must
terminate normally", assuming that "normally" is the appropriate word
here.  The message should make it clear this requirement is specific
to fork: we don't want people to get the impression that all blocks
are so restricted.

I am not really familiar with the Ruby house style for error messages,
maybe others can suggest a better wording.

Regards,

Jeremy Henty