Good day!

Returning to the conversation on the interpreter speed I wish to say again
that Ruby should not be compared to C++ on tasks like sorting, image
processing etc. Take Smalltalk. It was developed as very slow language but
it lives for now.
Because its goal is to control low-level processes, but not to implement
them. Thus Ruby should not race with others but should extend its control
features. One of those is exception handling. I like the mechanismus in
Smalltalk. The faeature I would like to see in Ruby is ability to proceed
from the next line or repeat the operator throwing the exception.