> Also, if you're involved in the field, can you give me any ideas about
> what it takes to break into Bioinformatics if you're coming from a
> CS/EE background.

I'd be interested, too, as it crossed my mind that Ruby would excel in this
field.
I've seen O'Reilly books for bio geeks looking to pick up programming
skills, but little in the other direction.

BTW, there's a fairly interesting newsletter available from
www.bio-itworld.com.  I also have a free sub to a paper bio-it mag; try
here: http://www.bio-itworld.com/subscribe/

James