On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Yasushi Shoji wrote:

> On the other side, Shugo and others are thinking about
> re-implementation of thread, too.  Their idea is to keep current
> thread model and extend the thread premitives so that mutex and cv
> works with thread scheduler.  Isn't it? > whoever reading ;)

We could even discuss having the scheduler being user-definable! Say
something like

$scheduler with a default value of Scheduler.new were

class Scheduler
  attr_accessor :lock

  def reschedule

and the user can define sub-classes and assign instance of them to
$scheduler.

If we want Ruby to be dynamic then why not very dynamic, ie. make it
possible to exchange parts of the Ruby interpreter at run-time?

(I'm not proposing this solution, just trying to show some possibilities
that we might contemplate when discussing language/interpreter
alterations).

Regards,

Robert