I called Amazon night before last, and asked why the order hadn't shipped
yet (even though the site was showing it in stock).  It turns out that
pre-orders get routed to a particular distibution center, which isn't
always the first to receive the books.  They apologized and arranged so
that the book shipped out of the warehouse that had it.  They even
upgraded my shipping!

For all the flak that Amazon gets, they are one of the few larger
companies that seem to understand customer service.

I'd say give them a call...

Miles