Rich Kilmer (rich / infoether.com) wrote:
> And there are some of us ruby folk who develop on Windows and not Linux
> (so we can be closer to our users ;-) and the common compression is .zip
> format.  Now I happen to _have_ the ability to tar and gzip the file,
> but don't you think you should support something on standard unix
> (tar.gz) and standard win32 (zip)?
>
> If it makes everyone happy I will tar.gz jabber4r.
>
> -rich

With the new canonical name, we could go for a different approach, Rich.  RAA
could simply contain the distribution directory.  In jabber4r's case
this would be http://www.infoether.com/ruby/jabber4r/releases/.  Users
accessing RAA would click on the link to see a choice of packages.

In order for this to work with Raa-install, packages would have to have
a predicatable naming convention, such as [name]-[version].tar.gz.  Aha!
Jabber4r uses this convention already!  Raa-install attempts to download
http://www.infoether.com/ruby/jabber4r/releases/jabber4r-0.3.0.tar.gz.

_why