On Thursday, 12 December 2002 at  7:42:00 +0900, Shannon Fang wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> You are absolutely right. What they fear is that:
>
> 1. Currently only I understand Ruby.
> 2. Java is in vogue. They want the language to be there after 10-20
> years...
>
> I am currently writing a small introduction letter to my boss...

I have given two presentations on Ruby at my work. It was received much
better than I anticipated. I used to get "Only you know Ruby", to
which I would respond, "Any programmer here after 2 days will know
Ruby better than they currently know Perl". After seeing the code
in two presentations, I think they are beginning to believe this
bit of truth.

--
Jim Freeze