From: "Michael Brailsford" <brailsmt / yahoo.com>

> > Hmm, I didn't compile gvim. On Windows, we tend
> > to use precompiled binaries... :)
> >
> > So what should I do? I do have gcc (or rather djgpp).
> >
> > Don't worry, my New Year's Resolution for 2003 will
> > be to dump Windows forever. And finish the novel.
>
> You got me there.  I am about as clueless as one can be when it comes
> to windows.  I remember seeing something about compiling win32 vim for
> ruby support on a rubygarden wiki.  I searched for vim and it brought
> up 3 wikis with vim in the title.  I know vim has been successfully
> compiled with Borland's bcc and with msvc++ 6.0, as well as with mingw
> and cygwin.  If you still have troubles getting it working then,
> I am sure that someone on the vim or vim-dev ML could give you far
> better info than I.
>
> -Michael

The wiki page that contains information about compiling Win32 Vim with Ruby
support is

  http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?VimExtensions

The instructions use MinGW.  Funny, since I compiled it, I haven't used the
Ruby interface at all.

  http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?VimExtensions

contains Tim Hammerquist's excellent hack to control xmms (music player) via
Vim shortcuts through the Ruby interface!

Cheers,
Gavin