I'm a very happy user of amrita for generating dynamic web content.  My
sincere and heartfelt congratulations go to Taku Nakajima for such an
excellently conceived and designed program.

Because I'm so happy using amrita for managing dynamic web content, I'm
wondering if it can also be used just as effectively for generating
static content, in the following manner:

- I create a lot of html pages with amrita-style "ID=[tag]" attributes
  in places where I want content to be generated by amrita.

- I run one or more amrita-based ruby programs periodically, giving them
  access to data in a data base, or on the command line, or from
  wherever, as well as pointing them to these amrita-ized html pages.
  The output from this process is a series of generated html files that
  get put on my web site, to be retrieved statically via standard HTTP
  accesses.

I know that there's nothing about amrita's design that prevents it being
used this way.  However, I'm not sure what, if any dependencies amrita
has on cgi-like paradigms.  Does amrita need to get its data via an HTTP
'get' or 'post' method, or can it get its input data any way it wants,
and then use it to drive the HTML generation process?

If amrita needs to be fed by a 'get' or 'post', I can still put a fake
cgi wrapper around it in order to pass in its input data.  However, it
would be better to not have to go through this step.

Does anyone know how easy it would be for me to use amrita in this way?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz / asfast.com