1. What is the equivalent of Perl's eval BLOCK form of eval? Per "man perlfunc": "the code within the block is parsed only once..." Of course, I'm not exactly sure why an eval is being done in the code that I'm looking at, but seeing a Ruby equivalent may help.

2. What is the equivalent of Perl's pos SCALAR function? "Returns the offset of where the last m//g search left off for the variable in question.... May be modified to change that offset. Such modification will also influence the \G zero-width assertion in regular expressions."

TIA, as I am stuck on a conversion...

-a
--
austin ziegler