Jason Persampieri wrote:

> I'm attempting to create a vertical, single-column
> list of text items to match up with a vertical
> single-column FXHeader.  Is there any way to change
> the height of individual items within a list?

By default, the height of a list item is determined by the greater of
the height of its font or the height of its icon, plus some extra
inter-item padding, i.e.

     class FXListItem
       def getHeight(aList)
         textHeight = 0
         iconHeight = 0
         unless text.empty?
           textHeight = aList.font.fontHeight
         end
         unless icon.nil?
           iconHeight = icon.height
         end
         LINE_SPACING + [textHeight, iconHeight].max

So if you want to fix the list items' height at some particular value,
one way would be to subclass FXListItem and override the getHeight() method:

     class FixedHeightListItem < FXListItem
       def initialize(theHeight, theText, theIcon=nil, theData=nil)
         super(theText, theIcon, theData)
         @myFixedHeight = theFixedHeight
       end
       def getHeight(aList)
         @myFixedHeight

And then to add items of this class to your list:

     myList = FXList.new(...)
     myList.appendItem(FixedHeightListItem.new(20, "Tall Item"))
     myList.appendItem(FixedHeightListItem.new(50, "Really Tall Item"))

Hope this helps,

Lyle