E.-R. Bruecklmeier wrote:

> i've written a ruby application, where i start a thread (dokalk) in a tk
> enviroment. If i just hit the button bt_make and wait until the thread
> comes back everything runs fine - but if i try to move the main window
> (root) while the thread runs the whole thing gets stuck.
>
> ruby 1.6.7 (2002-03-01) [i586-mswin32]
>
> any suggestion?

I don't know if this is the source of your problem, but this sounds like
  the problem we see with FXRuby for the Windows version of Ruby 1.6.7.
That problem has been fixed in for Ruby 1.6.8 and Ruby 1.7.3, so if you
can use one of those versions instead it might work better. A Windows
installer for Ruby 1.7.3 is available at http://rubyinstaller.sf.net.