"Chris Pine" <nemo / hellotree.com> writes:

> I have run bash in cmd.com and in rxvt, [...]

I find this way of expressing things confusing.

A "console application" on Win32 gets a "console" from the operating
system (if it  is not started from another console application that
already has a console).

So programs like "cmd.exe", "bash.exe" and "tcsh.exe" doesn't need to
"run in cmd.exe"; they *get* a console from the OS when started.

(I don't know anything about "rxvt" for Win32; it would be interesting
if someone could explain what that is (in Windows-terms))

/Johan Holmberg