On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 22:54:06 +0900,
christopher.j.meisenzahl / citicorp.com
<christopher.j.meisenzahl / citicorp.com> wrote:

> Just some brief thoughts?
>
> I've seen the article in DDJ by the Pickaxe book authors, and read a few other
> electronic reviews. But have their been any other decent Ruby articles in
> mainstream computing/programming journals or magazines?

Well, we managed to "wedge in" Ruby (as language of choice for code
snippets) in some of our articles published in several German magazines,
and there was, of course, the publication of our Ruby article in c't
some weeks ago, which had a quite visible impact on our book sales :-)

NB: Thanks to all buyers out there!

> I would think getting a Ruby expert to get an article or column printed in some
> of these magazines (DDJ, ACM, IEEE, Linux magazines, etc.) would really help
> get Ruby more momentum in the marketplace.

You are completely right. Judging from measurable success (hits on the
website, sale volume) only article in "famous" magazines have a real
impact on publicity.

Q: Who has an *irresistible* topic for an article which one of
the magazines mentionned by Christopher just could not reject?

--
Stefan Schmiedl
Approximity GmbH                                      http://www.approximity.com