"MikkelFJ" <mikkelfj-anti-spam / bigfoot.com> writes:

> If you happen to be using command.exe switch to cmd.exe - it's significantly
> better for what it's worth.
>
> There was a windows port of zsh, but I'm afraid it is not up to date. I gave
> up on it, but perhaps things have improved. At least unxutils has a lot of
> good stuff.

Don't forget tcsh. Works quite well on Win32. I have used it as my
regular "shell" on NT for several years.

Better than cmd.exe in several ways:

     - good command line editing (Emacs bindings)
     - good command/argument completion (customizable too)
     - dynamic abbreviations (from the history of entered commands)
     - incremental search (in the history of entered commands)
     - ...

/Johan Holmberg