<nobu.nokada / softhome.net> wrote in message
news:200212080435.gB84ZT511901 / sharui.nakada.kanuma.tochigi.jp...
> Hi,
>
> At Sun, 8 Dec 2002 12:20:38 +0900,
> Chris Pine wrote:
> > So, is there a good Windows console out there?  What are people's
favorites?
> > I *know* I don't like the standard DOS one.  rxvt is good most of the
time,
> > but has problems with various things.  Sometimes I run the cygwin port
of
> > xterm in an xserver, but I don't always like doing it that way.
>
> Well, I want to know it too...

If you happen to be using command.exe switch to cmd.exe - it's significantly
better for what it's worth.

There was a windows port of zsh, but I'm afraid it is not up to date. I gave
up on it, but perhaps things have improved. At least unxutils has a lot of
good stuff.

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
ftp://ftp.blarg.net/users/amol/zsh (win32 port)
http://www.zsh.org/
http://www.zshwiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

I'd prefer Ruby as CLI, but it's not quite tuned for that.

Mikkel