>> ... it's amazing to see that over the years the unix CLI hasn't got
>>a good replacement for "rm" that does trash-can-thingy
>
> http://www.m-arriaga.net/software/libtrash/
>
> "This is the homepage of libtrash, a shared library which, when
> preloaded, implements a trash can under GNU/Linux."

Heh, excellent thanks for that link. I've been looking for something
like that for ages.

M$ may have its faults but the trash can is a pretty good idea :)

I wonder if Linus or RH will consider making this part of standard linux?

> ext2 supports an undeletable attribute for files (that's undelet-able,
> not un-deletable).  Files with that attribute set have their contents
> saved when they are deleted, so they can be retrieved alter.

Hmm, its one of those "nice ideas" that isn't that great as you have to
remember to set the flag on the files.

Rob