On Friday 06 December 2002 04:54 am, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
| The ObjectSpace solution should only require that the class has been
| defined. Or perhaps that what you meant by "instantiated", since it could
| certainly be interpreted that way.

Ok, an honest mistake-- and to clarify on 'instantiation'; I meant instances
of the actual subclasses being instantiated; not the instantiation of the
subclasses at definition as instances of Class... the whole reason
ObjectSpace sees them in the first place (*engages in self-flagelation*).

I'd still prefer my approach because it seems a little less 'heavy' (because
it seems to take care of itself), but that may be just a matter of taste.

- Bruce

--
Bruce R. Williams :: [iusris/#ruby-lang] :: http://www.codedbliss.com

  'It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
  tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.'
  -- Samuel Adams