On Friday 06 December 2002 03:20 am, Eric Hodel wrote:
| '+' is an allowed replacement for spaces.  Read both cgi.rb and
| cgi-lib.rb's escape functions.  If only I know which RFC this is
| contained in...

RFC1866 (dated Nov 1995), Section 8.2.1:

-snip-
The form field names and values are escaped: space
characters are replaced by `+', and then reserved characters
are escaped as per [URL]; that is, non-alphanumeric
characters are replaced by `%HH', a percent sign and two
hexadecimal digits representing the ASCII code of the
character. Line breaks, as in multi-line text field values,
are represented as CR LF pairs, i.e. `%0D%0A'.
-snip-

Reference: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1866.txt

- Bruce

--
Bruce R. Williams :: [iusris/#ruby-lang] :: http://www.codedbliss.com

  'It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
  tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.'
  -- Samuel Adams