* Shannon Fang <xrfang / hotmail.com>:

> The problem with elsif is that I think all major lanugages, C/C++ Pascal
> Basic... are not using such strange thing. When I type in "else if" and
> "elseif" in ruby, it doesn't work... It makes learning a bit
> not-so-straightforward...

....but only of you're coming from a language that doesn't have "elsif". If
you come to ruby from a language that does or, even better, come to ruby
regardless of other languages (IOW, learn ruby, don't learn how to do
language foo in ruby) it really shouldn't be a problem.

> I think for most people here, ruby is not the first lanugage, but ruby is
> definitely among the best, if not THE best. As an incentive to learn a
> second, third, fourth... lanugage, it must be easy to learn...

Alternatively some programmers try and learn other "first" languages, or
learn different languages because they are just that: different.

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/