Hi,

I was wondering, maybe this has been discussed before and dismissed, how
hard would it be to write a Unix/Linux shell whose language was Ruby, or a
slight variant. Basically if performance wasn't an issue this could sit on top
of another shell (eg. bash/sh), and wrap commands, and any variance needed in
the syntax could be achieved via a preprocessor. I think some people
are/were doing this with Perl, although I don't know how serious an attempt
it is/was. I just think it would be very cool to have so much power in my
command line.  Please tell me if I'm being crazy.

Matt Pattison

* Hal E. Fulton (hal9000 / hypermetrics.com) [001024 01:05]: