----- Original Message -----
This brings up a very important point ... it really goes without saying that
every piece of code in the tutorial should be tested, running code.

I couldn't agree with your more.  All of the code I have actually put in my
tutorial (of which that was not a part) has been tested.  I'm even testing
the one-liners, because no matter how clever I may deem myself, I am
fallible.

Actually, I already caught one really dumb typo that way, so it's a proven
success!

(Eventually, though, I would like to automate the process, just in case I
forget to test some code somewhere.)

Chris