Hi,

Since Matz is the creator and his opinion is not to add elseif, I'd
rather say, we keep it like that. I agree with the view that alias is
not a good thing. Because it makes READING a program harder, when you
I first encounter do |var| ... end, I didn't realize {|var|... } is also
ok, but it seems straight forward...

The problem with elsif is that I think all major lanugages, C/C++ Pascal
Basic... are not using such strange thing. When I type in "else if" and
"elseif" in ruby, it doesn't work... It makes learning a bit
not-so-straightforward...

I think for most people here, ruby is not the first lanugage, but ruby
is definitely among the best, if not THE best. As an incentive to learn
a second, third, fourth... lanugage, it must be easy to learn...

Tks.
Shannon