From: "Chris Pine" <nemo / hellotree.com>

> My personal feelings about variable substitution was that I put off learning
> it until I really had to, and I still almost never use it, in favor of
> string concatenation.  I just don't see the point.  [...]
>
> My 2 cents, anyway.

I must say, I find this opinion absolutely amazing.  I am being forced to code
Java at work at the moment, and of course there are many things I hate about
it.  Somewhere near the top is the lack of variable substitution.  I suppose if
Vim couldn't handle the highlighting, it would be off-putting.

Anyway, my two cents only buys one of your cents so I'm off now :)

Gavin