On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:19, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> I agree with both of you.  I think Chris's tutorial should introduce IRB
> somewhere, just not right at the beginning.  And Daniel's tutorial should
> introduce it right up-front because it seems to be aiming at a slightly
> more knowledgeable audience.

This is probably highly impractical, but perhaps before either turorial goes
much further, it might be worthwhile doing a small experiment, if you can
find enough people to teach a little Ruby to.

Start out with irb with a couple of them and with some kind of editor + shell
with another couple.  See which one makes them feel more comfortable.

> And then we can soak in tutorial goodness!

Yes, I'm getting a really nice feeling from this thread.

H.