"Ted" <ted / datacomm.com> wrote in message
news:KMS-257033845-5332 / volvo.datacomm.com...
> I'm planning to set up a wiki for non-technical users.  Is there one that
is of good report and comes well-recommended?

The MiniWiki originally written in 5 hours runs completely in Ruby.
It has its own webserver but should be able to server a moderate number of
users on an intranet with a moderate storage size (it is file based).

It is one of the best Wiki's around because the search facility is much more
advanced than anything else you'll find. It may be a bit immature at this
point.

http://www.xpsd.com/MiniRubyWiki

Otherwise there is AspWiki

http://www6.brinkster.com/dpchiesa/wiki.asp

It's very basic and requires Windows. It's a single ASP file and just needs
to run in a directory with file create permissions so it can create an
Access database.
It is one of very few Wiki's that can search on multiple keywords. MiniWiki
and CLike (Lisp based) being the others I know of.

Mikkel