----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Kelly" <billk / cts.com>

> [excellent points for and against teaching IRB up-front]

I agree with both of you.  I think Chris's tutorial should introduce IRB
somewhere, just not right at the beginning.  And Daniel's tutorial should
introduce it right up-front because it seems to be aiming at a slightly more
knowledgeable audience.

And then we can soak in tutorial goodness!

Whatever the considerations about teaching IRB to nubies, the fact can't be
avoided that the answers to most of life's questions are found in IRB, so
nubies should be made to understand that.  But it doesn't hurt for them to be
taught a few important things beforehand!

Gavin