> personally, I prefer "elseif" than "elsif" (I was surprise actually -maybe
> because I do not do perl :-).
>
> "elseif" is closer to english (ruby is closer to english, iinm) and is less
> prone to typo. "elseif" is read as "else"-"if". "elsif" is read as
> "el"-"sif", since "s" now has strong affinity w "if" than "el"....

"elseif" is more akward to pronounce.  I don't think it's less prone to
typos (it might be, I'm probably just used to 'elsif').  But I think it's
too tempting to think of 'elseif' as two words - i.e. 'else if'.

I think that the best optinos are "elsif" or "else if".  The good thing
about "elsif" IMHO is that it's one word.  I find that more clear.