----- Original Message -----
[snip]

So if I can presume some "nubys" out there think and experiment and
learn the way I do, I'd imagine IRB would be perfect for them as a
learning tool (perhaps, as has been noted, with --simple-prompt :).
..But, I don't know what percentage of total nubys these people
represent.
----------------------------

An important point to note:  when I said 'nuby', I was referring to people
who were both new to Ruby, and new to programming in general.  (see topic of
this thread)

Ruby being your 4th or 5th (or more?) language, I just don't think you
apply!  You definitely aren't *my* target audience... I'm afraid you're
over-qualified for the position, sir.  :)

In fairness, Ruby wasn't my first language, either.  I am basing this more
on my experiences teaching Ruby.  As I said, confidence is a huge part of
successful learning, and understanding everything that's going on is a huge
part of confidence.  (I doubt either you or myself had any trouble with
confidence when learning Ruby.)

Chris