in article 001301c03b8e$9d01a760$01f9fea9 / austin.rr.com, Hal E. Fulton at
hal9000 / hypermetrics.com wrote on 10/21/2000 12:40 PM:

>> My question is: would you also expect it to add the Ruby bin directory
>> to your PATH? Which would be the least surprising: updating PATH or
>> not?
>>

> In my opinion: Update it.
>
> Hal

I would check the length of the current path first, and if the current path
plus Ruby bin directory will not exceed the limit for the number of
characters in the PATH environment variable, then set it....I don't remember
what the limit is for Windows, might be 255 characters...

Cordially

./patrick